Located on the sheer cliffs of the East Yorkshire coast, this workshop provides an excellent opportunity to photograph the largest mainland colony of gannets in the UK and numerous other species of seabird such as puffins; guillemots, kittiwakes and razorbills. There are numerous lofty vantage points for photography.
LOCATION: RSPB Bempton Cliffs, East Yorkshire, UK
GROUP SIZE: 6 (requires minimum 4 to run). All levels of experience welcome.
DURATION: 1 day (6.30am to 4pm)
PRICE: £90 per person per day
14 July 2018 | PLACES AVAILABLE
15 July 2018 | PLACES AVAILABLE
16 July 2018 | PLACES AVAILABLE
The day will begin with a meeting at RSPB Bempton at 6.30am where John will give a short safety briefing; offer some technical tips for the shoot and make sure your camera is set up and ready for the day ahead.
To ensure you get the most from the visit:
- Bring an interchangeable lens camera (i.e DSLR or mirrorless) and lens of a minimum of 300mm focal length or equivalent (please call before booking if unsure).
- If you are bringing a large camera and lens combination a tripod or monopod will prove useful.
- Come equipped to protect your camera and lens from inclement weather.
- Bring lens hoods; spare camera batteries and storage cards.
- Bring warm clothing, waterproofs and good footwear for walking distances of up to three miles.
- There is a Café at the meeting point (closed at 6.30am) but we recommend taking sandwiches and a flask to gain maximum time with the camera.
John will be available throughout the day to provide image review and technical advice and support according to your individual needs.
The day will finish about 4pm but if required, John will happily stay longer to discuss photographic issues or conduct bespoke tutorials.
What's Included in the Price?
- Personal tuition and guidance from John Birch
- Photographic equipment
- Accommodation, food and drink
- Entrance fees to RSPB Bempton
- Personal or equipment insurance (recommended)
Terms and Conditions
All of the information on this website must be read in conjunction with our terms and conditions for workshops which can be found on the link below.
The payment of a £25 non-refundable deposit per person will secure your booking. The balance will become due 90 days prior to the workshop. Payment can be made by bank transfer, debit or credit card (no surcharges).